"When diet is wrong medicine is of no use. When diet is correct medicine is of no need." - Ancient Ayurvedic Proverb
Amaru Spirit is a family owned natural medicine healing center located twenty minutes outside of the city of Iquitos, and is the home of holistic healing in the Peruvian jungle. In 2008 we began our mission with a single intention: to create a safe healing environment suitable for the restoration of the mind, body, and soul. This work is our passion and calling.
Our purpose built facility was designed to ensure maximum comfort to our guest’s, who travel from all over the world specifically to address dis-connectedness, dis-harmony and dis-ease.
The modalities in use at Amaru Spirit include;
- Detoxification with body clay, cleansing and reinvigoration with plant and flower baths.
- Detoxification and cleansing of the energetic body with herbs and master plants.
- Cleanses and flushes for detoxification and rejuvenation with top-quality Western supplements.
- Balancing the physical body with a healthy and nutritionally focused diet consisting of organic produce and ‘Superfoods’.
- Clearing and healing of the soul with Ayahuasca and San Pedro.
At Amaru Spirit, we know that one size doesn’t fit all. This is the underlying principle in our approach to healing and working with plant medicine. As such, all of our programs can be customized to your specific needs, and availability. We work closely with all of our guests to ensure you receive the highest level of care possible.
Why choose Amaru Spirit?
- We are a family owned center open 365 days a year with no fixed-date programs.
- We will provide a prompt and detailed response to the submission of your inquiry or booking form.
- Prior to arrival we will advise you how to prepare yourself for your treatment.
- Our English speaking staff will transport you to and from the airport or your hotel.
- On arrival you will have a consultation, so that we can ascertain your healing intentions and aspirations for personal growth.
- Our mosquito protected private and apartment style accommodations with Western style bathrooms are furnished for your relaxation and introspection.
- Our comfortable common areas and ceremony house are also mosquito protected with adjoining Western style bathrooms.
- All of our meals are delicious, healthy, and nutritious, comprising of fresh organic produce and ‘Superfoods’. We serve a vegan and vegetarian menu, with fish optional.
- Our medicine of choice is black Ayahuasca, which is powerful for deep healing, made on the premises, and devoid of any adulterants. We administer it safely and respectfully in ceremony 3 times per week (on Monday and Friday nights and on Wednesday it is a day ceremony).
- Our ceremonies are run by traditionally trained Western and Indigenous male and female shaman, and include a comprehensive diagnostic (energetic reading) which will be discussed with you, and will help guide the design of a plant medicine program so that you get the most out of your stay.
- In addition to Ayahuasca, we use a range of different healing modalities, including Western style cleanse/flushes, Sapo (frog medicine), and San Pedro. We also offer master plant diets to expedite the detoxification process, and advance your healing and development.
- Following the completion of your program, if you need any help or advice regarding the integration process, we remain at your service.
To read what our previous guests had to say about their experience at Amaru Spirit, please click here.
"Enlightenment is the great and final disappointment, the dissolution of our egoistic fantasies and grand hopes." - Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche
In order to book a retreat;
- Please complete our medical & booking form.
- We will review your submission and reply to confirm availability at the time of your booking.
*Please note, while we will always do our best to accommodate guests at short notice, we recommend booking as far in advance as possible in order to avoid disappointment.
For More Videos about Amaru Spirit Click Here!